Sebastians is located in the market town of Oswestry, the gateway to Wales. Centrally placed, a little over an hour to the Welsh Coast, Birmingham, Manchester & Liverpool and half an hour from Chester. Within half an hour are stunning walks and beautiful scenery. Having lived in Oswestry for 28 years, Mark Sebastian & Michelle are well equipped to answer any questions or suggest local attractions during your stay at Sebastians.
Local Points Of Interest
- A two-minute walk into the centre of the town, offering a variety of independent shops including Majors, Out of Town, Barkers, Booka Bookshop and Upstairs Downstairs along with high street brands. More can be found Here
- Many National Trust properties are nearby. Explore the Erddig estate in Wrexham, the medieval fortress of Chirk Castle or the magnificent Powis Castle and gardens in Welshpool. More can be found Here
- Oswestry market is also a quick walk away, open Wednesday, Friday and Saturday offering a range of bespoke services and goods. More can be found Here
- Close to Offa's Dyke Path which follows the English/Welsh border for 177 miles through changing landscapes which offer an amazing opportunity to catch a view of the native wildlife. More can be found Here
- The British Ironworks Centre is situated in the town offering the largest display of decorative metalwork in the UK. Famous for its world-renowned "Spoon Gorilla" made from over 40,000 donated spoons as seen on the BBC. This is a must visit. More can be found Here
How To Find Us
Oswestry is approximately 4 hours from London, an hour or so from Manchester, Birmingham and Liverpool.
Shropshire connects to the M6 via the M54. The A49, A5, A53, A458 all make Shropshire accessible.
Gobowen station is a 10 minute drive from the centre of Oswestry and is served by Arriva Trains Wales. Hourly trains arrive from Birmingham International or Chester. Click Here to find the train timetable.
The nearest airports to Shropshire are located in the following cities, all are approximately an hour away:
Birmingham International Aiport - +44 (0)871 222 0072
Liverpool John Lennon Airport - +44 (0) 871 521 8484
Manchester International Airport - 0800 042 0213
Taxis are easily available in Oswestry and can be arranged upon prior request. A taxi rank is a five minute walk from Sebastians.
Local Taxis in Oswestry include:
Norms Taxis - 07729295844
Alfa Cars - 01691 662188
Oswestry Taxis - 01691 655444
We have our own car park at the rear of the property. SatNav will direct you to the front of the property, from here carry on the road and turn left. Now on Welsh Walls you will pass "Mikes Bikes" on the right followed by three terraced houses on the left. After the terraced houses make an immediate left turn through black wooden gates. Drive into the car park area and then turn left through sliding metal gate into our car park. We make no charge for this service and we do not accept liability of loss or damage sustained while vehicles are using the car park. Please then walk through the other gates in the car park, down steps and the reception area is at the end of the courtyard, through French windows on the left hand side.
If you have any problem finding us, please do not hesitate to contact us and we look forwarding to welcoming you to Sebastians.
45 Willow Street, Oswestry, SY11 1AQ
Wednesday –Saturday: 6.30pm - 9.30pm